|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 2:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 11:20 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Osteoarthritis affects more than 21 million people with 10 million cases specifically of the knee.
Available treatment options are limited and patients are looking for a safe alternative to the pharmaceutical agents and surgery.
The first & only non-drug, non-invasive device treating osteoarthritis of the knee has been cleared by the FDA for consumer use.
Unlike any other device, the OActive Knee Device targets the connective tissue in your knee to help relieve pain and improve function for those with knee osteoarthritis.
FACTS & FIGURES:
- 21 million people have osteoarthritis expected to increase to 40 million people in 2030
- Osteoarthritis is a debilitating disease that is more prevalent with a graying and obese population.
- 400,000 Total Knee Replacements are performed every year
- Long term data shows 62% of patients deferred a total knee replacement when wearing the OActiveKnee Device versus 7% of patients in a control group
Read more about the treatment on Dr. Fenning's website
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog