|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 2:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 11:20 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Osteoarthritis affects more than 21 million people with 10 million cases specifically of the knee.
Available treatment options are limited and patients are looking for a safe alternative to the pharmaceutical agents and surgery.
The first & only non-drug, non-invasive device treating osteoarthritis of the knee has been cleared by the FDA for consumer use.
Unlike any other device, the OActive Knee Device targets the connective tissue in your knee to help relieve pain and improve function for those with knee osteoarthritis.
FACTS & FIGURES:
- 21 million people have osteoarthritis expected to increase to 40 million people in 2030
- Osteoarthritis is a debilitating disease that is more prevalent with a graying and obese population.
- 400,000 Total Knee Replacements are performed every year
- Long term data shows 62% of patients deferred a total knee replacement when wearing the OActiveKnee Device versus 7% of patients in a control group
Read more about the treatment on Dr. Fenning's website
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge