|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:56 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami Police have killed a man they say fired several shots at officers after a domestic violence incident.
Detective William Moreno says police were called to a home shortly after midnight Sunday. When they arrived, the suspect drove off in his car. Authorities stopped the car, but the man got out and began shooting at officers before running away.
Moreno says he was found less than two hours later where he again fired shots at police. Authorities returned fire. The man, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate