|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:56 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami Police have killed a man they say fired several shots at officers after a domestic violence incident.
Detective William Moreno says police were called to a home shortly after midnight Sunday. When they arrived, the suspect drove off in his car. Authorities stopped the car, but the man got out and began shooting at officers before running away.
Moreno says he was found less than two hours later where he again fired shots at police. Authorities returned fire. The man, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- Naples paddleboard club rides to help Oklahoma
- New video shows Hohensee's anger