|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 9:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 6:48 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A former sailing instructor accused of sending racy letters to his young student made an appearance in a Lee County court Monday.
Steve Olive was set to work out a plea deal but its been continued to later this week.
Olive wrote to the girl about how to have sex and even encouraged her to masturbate.
He taught at the Edison sailing center for more than 20 years.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme