|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 5:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 2:04 PM EDT|
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida police officer has shot a man he says charged him while wielding a knife.
Davie Police say the officer repeatedly asked the man to drop the knife before shooting him Sunday. The man, who was not identified, was taken to the hospital and is in serious condition.
The officer, who was not identified, will be placed on administrative leave, which is standard policy, while the shooting is investigated.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space