|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:53 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man sent distraught text messages to friends before fatally shooting himself at a gun range and allegedly killing a 21-year-old woman.
Worried friends called Orange County sheriff's deputies Saturday after receiving suspicious text messages from 24-year-old Ryan Ray Scurlock. As deputies were checking his residence, they realized the shooting victim at a nearby gun range was Scurlock. Authorities believe Scurlock shot himself.
Other calls led deputies to a second crime scene where they found the body of Jennifer Lynn Roqueta inside an apartment. Deputies did not say how she died.
Authorities believe the deaths were part of a murder suicide plot.
Scurlock's death is the latest in a string of suicides at area gun ranges.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors