|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:53 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man sent distraught text messages to friends before fatally shooting himself at a gun range and allegedly killing a 21-year-old woman.
Worried friends called Orange County sheriff's deputies Saturday after receiving suspicious text messages from 24-year-old Ryan Ray Scurlock. As deputies were checking his residence, they realized the shooting victim at a nearby gun range was Scurlock. Authorities believe Scurlock shot himself.
Other calls led deputies to a second crime scene where they found the body of Jennifer Lynn Roqueta inside an apartment. Deputies did not say how she died.
Authorities believe the deaths were part of a murder suicide plot.
Scurlock's death is the latest in a string of suicides at area gun ranges.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013