|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:55 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A 70-year-old man is recovering from injuries after jumping from a second story window to escape a fire at a southwest Florida apartment building.
Clearwater Fire Rescue officials are still investigating the cause of the fire, which broke out early Sunday morning. The man jumped from his apartment to escape the flames, but did not receive serious injuries.
The fire destroyed his apartment and officials deemed it uninhabitable. The Red Cross is assisting the man.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape