|Published:||Aug 16, 2010 4:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2010 1:55 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A 70-year-old man is recovering from injuries after jumping from a second story window to escape a fire at a southwest Florida apartment building.
Clearwater Fire Rescue officials are still investigating the cause of the fire, which broke out early Sunday morning. The man jumped from his apartment to escape the flames, but did not receive serious injuries.
The fire destroyed his apartment and officials deemed it uninhabitable. The Red Cross is assisting the man.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Hillsborough County approves incentives for Amazon
- Some adult arcades still open after ban