|Published:||Aug 14, 2010 12:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 8:32 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK News viewers went to our Facebook page to comment on this story: Three Jacksonville children bought tickets with baby-sitting money and flew to Nashville on Southwest Airlines - unbeknownst to their parents.
Read more: http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2010-08-13/3-kids-buy-airplane-tickets-fly-alone-to-Tenn#ixzz0wWg1rjI0
Amber on Facebook said, "I think it shows some people (especially those at the ticket counter) are lacking just a little bit of common sense. Being sent off by the parents is one thing. Going to a ticket counter and purchasing a ticket without an adult is another. Why was nothing questioned, especially "where are your parents?" This could have possibly turned out a lot worse."
On Facebook Joshua wrote, "Airport security is a joke, but the kids had 700 dollars and nobody was gonna turn that away."
Linda on Facebook wrote, "All I can say is WOW!"
Walter said, "I want to know why they weren't asked for ID. The ball was dropped in a lot of places on this one."
There are other comments we did not air, but you can see on our Facebook fan page titled: WINK News.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm