|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 4:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 1:02 PM EDT|
TRENTON, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida toddler drowned in his family's swimming pool a week before his second birthday.
The Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office says Maxwell Spears was unresponsive after his grandfather pulled him out Thursday.
Investigators say the accident happened in an aboveground pool, but the child could've walked straight into it on a deck connecting the pool to the home.
Maxwell's father and grandfather were doing household chores while watching him and another child. The grandfather returned from the laundry room to find the back door open and the boy in the pool.
The father and grandfather performed CPR until an ambulance arrived.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling