|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 9:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 6:34 PM EDT|
PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa Bay-area teen has pleaded no contest to raping an 89-year-old woman at her Pasco County home.
Court records show 16-year-old Carlos Fernandez pleaded no contest Friday to two counts of sexual battery, one count of home invasion robbery and six counts of burglary. He had previously rejected a plea deal for 30 years in prison. He could face up to life at his sentencing later this year.
Authorities say Fernandez, 16-year-old Luis Reyes Jr. and 21-year-old Johnathan Rodriguez broke into the woman's home in April 2009, assaulted the woman in bed and ransacked her home. The woman, who was severely bruised in the attack, told authorities someone held a pillow over her face.
Reyes pleaded no contest to the same charges in July, and the case against Rodriguez is still pending.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms