|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 4:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 1:01 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Force is strong in Orlando this week.
Legions of costumed Star Wars fans began showing up at the Orange County Convention Center on Thursday. The national convention dubbed "Star Wars: Celebration V" will continue through the weekend.
A spokesman for LucasFilm says it had pre-sold about 21,000 tickets for the four-day festival. The convention also features appearances by creator George Lucas, actress Carrie Fisher and actor Mark Hamill.
Costumed Ewoks, Imperial Officers, Stormtroopers and Sand People are among those roaming around the convention center. Many fans also are bringing light sabers and other paraphernalia from the famous Star Wars films.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull