|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 4:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 1:01 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Force is strong in Orlando this week.
Legions of costumed Star Wars fans began showing up at the Orange County Convention Center on Thursday. The national convention dubbed "Star Wars: Celebration V" will continue through the weekend.
A spokesman for LucasFilm says it had pre-sold about 21,000 tickets for the four-day festival. The convention also features appearances by creator George Lucas, actress Carrie Fisher and actor Mark Hamill.
Costumed Ewoks, Imperial Officers, Stormtroopers and Sand People are among those roaming around the convention center. Many fans also are bringing light sabers and other paraphernalia from the famous Star Wars films.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court