|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 3:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 12:48 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - An Orlando man lying on train tracks in Daytona Beach was killed when a train hit him.
Police say a conductor spotted 45-year-old Bruce Elliott Thomas on the tracks early Thursday morning, just moment before impact. Thomas suffered severe trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene.
It's not clear why the man was lying on the tracks.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti