|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 3:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 12:48 PM EDT|
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - An Orlando man lying on train tracks in Daytona Beach was killed when a train hit him.
Police say a conductor spotted 45-year-old Bruce Elliott Thomas on the tracks early Thursday morning, just moment before impact. Thomas suffered severe trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene.
It's not clear why the man was lying on the tracks.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires
- Coyote sightings on the rise in Sanibel
- FMPD arrests teen on stolen gun charge
- Lee struggles with budget and SRO issues
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block