|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 9:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 6:49 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - An illegal immigrant has been convicted of murder for a second time in a 2005 north Florida stabbing.
A Duval County jury found 39-year-old Benito Ramirez guilty of first-degree murder Thursday.
Authorities say Ramirez had been out drinking with 29-year-old Stacy M. Replogle - a woman he had been dating - when the two got into an argument over the bill. Ramirez reportedly cut Replogle 14 times and dumped her body in a wooded area.
The Mexico-native claimed self-defense.
Ramirez was previously convicted of the killing in 2007, but the 1st District Court of Appeal overturned the verdict, saying police used improper interrogation techniques.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales