|Published:||Aug 13, 2010 4:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2010 1:07 PM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - Polk County Sheriff's Office detectives say they've solved the case of a 36-year-old central Florida woman who disappeared nine years ago.
Dion Kaseta, now living in Chattanooga, Tenn., has been arrested in connection with the death of Kimberly Mimmovich in 2001, his former live-in girlfriend.
Investigators say Mimmovich was last seen with Kaseta at the Midway Lounge near Lake Alfred.
Kaseta originally told detectives he and Mimmovich had driven to Deerfield Beach, where they got into an argument. He said Mimmovich left to walk on the beach alone.
Kaseta said he reported her missing after she never returned.
Authorities say additional witnesses and evidence have lead them to conclude that Mimmovich is dead and that she was killed by Kaseta.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve