|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 5:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 2:19 PM EDT|
THE SMOKING GUN - While visiting Epcot Center in Florida, a Pennsylvania woman alleges that a Disney employee dressed as Donald Duck grabbed her breast and molested her after she sought an autograph.
After the alleged groping, Donald Duck made gestures--apparently with his snowy white hands—“indicating he had done something wrong,” according to a lawsuit filed last month by April Magolon. The Upper Darby woman, 27, was visiting Epcot with her children and fiancé in May 2008 when the incident reportedly occurred.
Magolon, pictured at right, is suing Disney for negligence, battery, and infliction of emotional distress, and is seeking in excess of $50,000 in damages. The entertainment giant has petitioned to have the lawsuit, which was filed in Pennsylvania’s Court of Common Pleas, transferred to federal court in Philadelphia.
According to Magolon’s complaint, she has suffered “severe physical injury, emotional anguish and distress including, but not limited to post-traumatic stress disorder” as a result of the run-in with Donald Duck. She also contends that the incident was “one of a long line of continuing, long standing, similar prior incidents” involving the groping of patrons by costumed Disney employees.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis