|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 1:56 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a robbery suspect is dead after being shot by a police officer in Miami.
The shooting happened Wednesday at about 8:30 p.m.
Police said officers were investigating a series of robberies that led them to the Overtown neighborhood, and that a confrontation with the suspect led one of the officers to discharge his weapon.
Homicide detectives are investigating the shooting.
Neither the identity of the man killed nor the officer involved has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Miami Police Department's Homicide Unit at 305-603-6350 or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing