|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 8:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 5:54 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a woman who was despondent about a custody hearing tried to kill her 3-year-old son with a box cutter and then tried to kill herself.
The mother and son were recovering from severe cuts at a hospital Thursday. They were listed in stable condition.
The mother is charged with attempted murder. Police say the mother tried to kill the boy by slicing his throat with a box cutter. Authorities say she then tried to commit suicide by cutting her own throat on both sides.
Authorities say a 14-year-old boy, who is the son and older brother of the two, called police to report the incident.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge