|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 10:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 7:34 PM EDT|
VIERA, Fla. (AP) - A Brevard County man has been sentenced to a year in jail for killing two of his dogs after they attacked another dog.
Rusty Lewark also received nine years probation Thursday, during which time he will not be allowed to own pets. The 26-year-old pleaded guilty in June to animal cruelty charges.
Rockledge police arrested Lewark in February after investigators say he struck one of his dogs repeatedly on the head until it died and then put a noose around the neck of the other dog and strangled it. The pit bulls, named Pestilence and Chaos, had reportedly attacked one of his mixed-breed dogs.
A family member reported Lewark to authorities.
Investigators reported finding the carcasses of the dogs in a trash bin.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads