|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 11:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 8:36 PM EDT|
Lee County, Fla - Lee County Sheriff's deputies arrest a man they say was starving his livestock.
Flash Streeter is charged with eight counts of animal cruelty. Investigators say when they arrived at streeters home on Angus lane they found the animals in deplorable conditions with no food or water.
Authorities believe many of the animals on the property hadn't eaten in at least a week.
The horses, pigs and donkeys were seized by law enforcement and taken to the Lee County Jail where a livestock holding area has been built.
The animals will continue their rehabilitation for the next several days before being taken to auction or adopted out.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center