|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 1:04 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - LCEC proudly announces that the LCEC Public Relations Team and project coordinator Teresa Renkiewicz were recognized with a prestigious Golden Image Award from the Florida Public Relations Association on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 for the LCEC Power to Share Energy Assistance Program.
The program is focused on assisting customers facing financial hardship and unable to pay electric bills. Power to Share is funded solely through corporate and individual donations and is administered through the United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties.
This year’s Golden Image entries were judged by public relations professionals in Atlanta, Georgia. The public relations competition is conducted annually by the Florida Public Relations Association to recognize outstanding public relations programs in Florida and to both encourage and promote the development of public relations professionalism in our state. The Golden Image Awards have become a standard of public relations excellence in the state of Florida. Winners demonstrate the very best examples of innovation, planning and design in the public relations field.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral