|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 1:59 PM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say two pedestrians are seriously injured after being struck by a hit-and-run driver while trying to cross a street in Bradenton.
Fifty-two-year-old Bruce Roberts and 25-year-old Shanna Moyer were flown to Bayfront Medical Center early Thursday.
The Manatee County Sheriff's Office says the two were hit as they reached the outermost lane of the street they were trying to cross. The force of the impact sent them 70 feet through the air.
Investigators did not find any skid marks at the scene.
Detectives are continuing to search for evidence and witnesses.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- How hurricanes get their names
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore