|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 4:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 1:59 PM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say two pedestrians are seriously injured after being struck by a hit-and-run driver while trying to cross a street in Bradenton.
Fifty-two-year-old Bruce Roberts and 25-year-old Shanna Moyer were flown to Bayfront Medical Center early Thursday.
The Manatee County Sheriff's Office says the two were hit as they reached the outermost lane of the street they were trying to cross. The force of the impact sent them 70 feet through the air.
Investigators did not find any skid marks at the scene.
Detectives are continuing to search for evidence and witnesses.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013