|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 10:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 7:13 PM EDT|
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida couple has been charged with beating their newly adopted children with a wooden spoon, a belt and a paddle, forcing them to do push-ups and jumping jacks and denying them food as punishment.
Dwayne and Pamela Hardy were arrested Wednesday on two counts each of cruelty toward a child involving torture or punishment.
They were released from the Seminole County Jail after each posted a $7,100 bond.
The 6-year-old girl and her 9-year-old brother have been removed from Hardy's home, only six months after being adopted by the couple. The state is considering terminating the Hardy's parental rights.
No one answered the phone Thursday at the Hardy home.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.