|Published:||Aug 12, 2010 7:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2010 4:55 PM EDT|
PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) - A candidate for the Florida House of Representatives says "camps" should be built to house illegal immigrants in Florida until they can be deported.
Marg Baker, who is seeking the Republican nomination for House District 48, says officials could "collect enough illegal aliens until you have enough to ship them back."
Baker added the housing would be "regular homes like a lot of poor people live in."
She made the comments earlier this month at a 9-12 Project meeting, an organization founded by conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck.
Baker told The Associated Press, "We need to have camps because there are a lot of these people roaming among us."
The other Republican candidates for the seat said they do not support that idea.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire