|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 3:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 12:51 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A worker at a Jacksonville company was reportedly killed when a piece of equipment crushed him.
Police say the man, who was not immediately identified, died at the scene Tuesday morning.
A co-worker at Acme Barricades said the device was a barrier attached to the rear of a truck. At a road project, the device is designed to absorb the impact in a potential crash.
Police say the worker was underneath the truck when the barrier flipped into the open position and crushed the man.
Police believe the equipment malfunctioned. They do not suspect foul play.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will also investigate the accident.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide