|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 3:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 12:48 PM EDT|
MIMS, Fla. (AP) - A toddler was reportedly killed in a Brevard County mobile home fire.
Firefighters found the child's body in the smoldering structure Tuesday morning in a rural area of Mims.
The child's exact age and gender were not immediately available.
The child's mother sustained burns on approximately 60 percent of her body. She was taken by ambulance to an Orlando hospital - about an hour away - after weather conditions prevented a helicopter from picking her up.
Firefighters reportedly found the child during a second search in one of the bedrooms. Fire officials say the child appears to have died in the fire.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- New Florida voting law
- Senate committee approves immigration bill