|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 3:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 12:48 PM EDT|
MIMS, Fla. (AP) - A toddler was reportedly killed in a Brevard County mobile home fire.
Firefighters found the child's body in the smoldering structure Tuesday morning in a rural area of Mims.
The child's exact age and gender were not immediately available.
The child's mother sustained burns on approximately 60 percent of her body. She was taken by ambulance to an Orlando hospital - about an hour away - after weather conditions prevented a helicopter from picking her up.
Firefighters reportedly found the child during a second search in one of the bedrooms. Fire officials say the child appears to have died in the fire.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search