TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A Panhandle man has been sentenced to life in prison for fatal May 2009 robbery.
A Leon County judge sentenced 29-year-old Tyreese Faust on Tuesday. A Jury found Faust guilty in July of first-degree murder, attempted robbery and burglary of a dwelling.
Authorities say Faust shot and killed 35-year-old Robert Parkes with an AK-47 during a home-invasion robbery. A 16-year-old girl who was also charged in the robbery testified against Faust as part of a deal to get five years in prison.
The defense argued that no DNA evidence placed Faust at the scene, and that the girl's testimony was insufficient.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Fla. Gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget