|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 3:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 12:55 PM EDT|
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - A Treasure Coast man appears to have drowned after falling out of a broken down boat and into a strong outgoing tide in the Fort Pierce Inlet.
Fort Pierce police say 44-year-old Cornelius McPhall was out boating Monday evening with his fiancee and another woman. The engine on the 17-foot-long boat stopped later that night, and McPhall reportedly fell in while he was trying to drop an anchor.
McPhall's fiancee, 27-year-old Amy Capozzi, told authorities she grabbed a safety rope and jumped in after McPhall, but she couldn't reach him. His body was found early Tuesday morning after several hours of searching.
An autopsy will determine an official cause of death.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges