|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 7:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 4:18 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - Lee County Public Schools was informed that it has received the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Award from the Association of School Business Officials (ASBO.) The award is for the 2008/09 fiscal year’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR.)
This award represents a significant achievement by the District and reflects the commitment to meet the highest standards of school financial reporting. In order to receive this award, specific guidelines for the effective, high quality financial reporting recognized by school business officials across North America must be met. ASBO spent many years developing and establishing the rigorous award criteria with the goal to improve the quality of school entities financial reporting.
“Thanks and congratulations go to our budget and financial services staff for all they do for our District,” said Dr. James Browder, Superintendent of Schools. “Their work continues to bring a feeling of continued confidence to all our stakeholders in relation to the District’s financial reporting credibility.”
The Certificate of Excellence Award is only conferred to school districts that have met or exceeded the program’s criteria and is the only award program specifically designed for school entities’ financial reporting.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school