|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 3:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 12:39 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Crime Stoppers is asking for the public's help in solving two similar robberies occurring within two days of each other, within the last week.
On Saturday, August 7, shortly before 8 p.m., the Max Grocery Store, located at 302 Center Road, was robbed by an unknown Hispanic male. According to the victim, the suspect covered his face with his shirt, and demanded money from the register. The clerk complied, turned over the cash, and the suspect fled on foot, turning south on Third Street.
Two days later, on Monday, August 9, deputies responded to a similar robbery just a short distance away, at the Marathon Gas Station, located at 2101 Crystal Drive.
Witnesses said a Hispanic male entered the store around 9 p.m. and demanded cash from the register. After grabbing the money, he left the area in what is believed to be a black Nissan, bearing Florida tags.
The suspects in both cases are described as Hispanic males, in their 30s, approximately 5'7."
Anyone with information on the identity of these suspects is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for up to $1,000 in cash rewards. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti