|Published:||Aug 11, 2010 4:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 11, 2010 1:37 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY - The Jackson Laboratory may be a step closer coming to Collier County.
Funding for the project just passed a major hurdle in Congress.
Under the plan, the state will get $800 million from the federal government for Medicaid benefits. That allows the state to spend money on other needs, including paying $50 million for the first year of funding Jackson Labs.
The state and the county have to contribute $130 million for the deal to go through.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean