|Published:||Aug 10, 2010 3:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2010 12:47 PM EDT|
PLANT CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Defense Department has confirmed the death of a soldier from central Florida.
Officials say 23-year-old Pfc. Paul O. Cuzzupe died earlier this month in Akhtar-Mohammad-Khan, Afghanistan.
According to authorities, the Plant City man died from wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit using an improvised explosive device.
Cuzzupe was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Calvary Regiment in Vilseck, Germany.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption