|Published:||Aug 10, 2010 3:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2010 12:47 PM EDT|
PLANT CITY, Fla. (AP) - The Defense Department has confirmed the death of a soldier from central Florida.
Officials say 23-year-old Pfc. Paul O. Cuzzupe died earlier this month in Akhtar-Mohammad-Khan, Afghanistan.
According to authorities, the Plant City man died from wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit using an improvised explosive device.
Cuzzupe was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Calvary Regiment in Vilseck, Germany.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake