PUNTA RASSA, Fla. - Operation open arms usually works with male service members, but the organization jumped at the chance to help a woman and her family.
Air Force member Lisa Weekley was treated to a private dolphin watching tour off southwest Florida waters.
Weekley, her 13 year old daughter (both from Illinois), and her mother were able take part in the day together.
"Oh yeah this is what I needed, no more combat boots and flip flops for a chance... Its nice," said Weekley.
Weekley had just returned from over seas only days before her trip.
"They were absolutely they were just doing like girl school giggles and it just meant everything to be within 5 feet of these absolutely gorgeous animals," said Cpt. John Bunch with the Operation.
Weekley and her daughter will also be throwing out the first pitch in Tuesday's Fort Myers Miracle baseball game, before going back home on Wednesday.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th