|Published:||Aug 10, 2010 8:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2010 5:57 PM EDT|
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Florida man seen last month in eastern Oregon is wanted on auto theft charges and is a person of interest in the disappearance of a Florida woman.
The Portland Police Bureau said Tuesday a nationwide arrest warrant for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution for auto theft has been issued for 26-year old Joseph Dean Roberts.
Police also say Roberts is also a person of interest in the disappearance of 45-year old Brittany Jeniveve Tavar, who has been missing from the Jacksonville, Fla., area since July 6.
Roberts was driving her dark blue Toyota Rav4 in Wyoming when he was given a warning for speeding on July 11, before Tavar was reported missing. He was seen at a Wal-Mart store in Ontario, Ore., about 12 hours later, purchasing a tent and clothing.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend