CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County commissioners voted 3-2 today to accept the resignation of long-time administrator Roger Baltz for a lack of leadership. Commissioners said they continued to hear complaints from residents and employees, and it was time for a change at the top. Assistant County Administrator Ray Sandrock was appointed as his replacement.
"Communication around here is something that has been lacking," said Commissioner Robert Skidmore, who made the motion to fire Baltz. "At this point in time, I think the best thing to do is change leadership at the top. We can make all of the policy changes in the world, but if leadership at the top is lacking, its not going to make a difference."
Commissioner Adam Cummings and Chairman Bob Starr cast the dissenting votes.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th