|Published:||Aug 10, 2010 11:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2010 8:35 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A decision last week to let a private contractor install a water main along this stretch of Del Prado Boulevard ends up being changed in a "do-over".
After the vote several council members had second thoughts and asked council to re-consider the original vote. Councilman Bill Diele explains.
"A motion for re-consideration would then have to be voted on and passed by the council. If that happens its as if the first vote never took place."
Council's change of heart to let city workers do the job is expected to save taxpayers nearly 200 thousand dollars.
But some question the savings saying private contractors work would be warrantied. Now if there is a problem, the city has to fix it, adding to costs.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing