|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 10:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 7:38 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives arrested a Punta Gorda woman Monday afternoon on “Doctor Shopping” charges. Arrested at 2:25 p.m. was Brenda Garrett Dolph, 55, 1261 Sugar Pine Court Apt. #111.
Detectives said Dolph was illegally obtaining Oxycodone and Lyrica prescription pills from three doctors in Charlotte County and not advising them she was seeing other doctors for the same prescriptions.
Detectives said Dr. Lew Little, Charlotte Pain Management Center, 3109 Tamiami Tr., Port Charlotte; Dr. Asif Kamal, Primary Care Associates, 2091 Tamiami Tr., Port Charlotte; and Dr. Ferdinand Rios, Family Medical Walk-In Clinic, 1107 W. Marion Ave., Punta Gorda, were used by Dolph to obtain the drugs for pain. Dolph was a patient of Dr. Little from July 2009-July 2010; Dr. Kamal from Aug. 2009 to Feb. 2010, and Dr. Rios from Feb. to May 2010. None of the doctors did anything wrong and were lied to when asked if she was seeing any other doctor for her medical condition.
Dolph was charged with 11 counts of Withholding Information from a Practitioner (Doctor Shopping) and bond was set at $27,500. If you have information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal