|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 5:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 2:08 PM EDT|
OSTEEN, Fla. (AP) - Investigators are looking for whoever shot and killed a pregnant horse in Volusia County.
The sheriff's office reports that a neighbor found the mare dead Thursday evening. It appeared to have a gunshot wound to the neck.
The horse's owner valued the animal at about $10,000 but said her foals have consistently earned six figures in race winnings.
Authorities continue to investigate.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- Estero residents could soon vote to become part of Bonita