|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 4:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 12:00 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers and the Lee County Sheriff's Office seek information related to the location of a missing vehicle and a person of interest possibly related to a Bonita Springs homicide. The bodies of two Fort Myers men, positively identified as 20 year old Israel Ponce and 24 year old Daniel Leonor, were found in a burnt vehicle in a rural area of Bonita Springs just over a week ago. Leonor's silver, 2000 Honda Civic EX with a Florida registration tag of 084 YLP has not been located.
A person of interest has been named and located by deputies. Authorities do not want his name to be released.
(Update release 8/2/10):
Detectives assigned to the Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit have confirmed foul play is suspected in the deaths of two deceased individuals located in a wooded area off Harrell Avenue in Bonita Springs (located east of Interstate 75 off Bonita Beach Road).
On Sunday, August 1, 2010, at approximately 6:05 P.M., investigators discovered the two bodies in a burnt out vehicle. The remains of both individuals have been turned over to the District 21 Medical Examiner's Office, who will conduct an autopsy to determine an official cause of death and confirm the identity of each person.
The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone who can provide information about this incident is asked to contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
(Original release 8/2/10):
Lee County deputies are conducting a death investigation in a wooded area off Harrell Avenue in Bonita Springs (located east of Interstate 75 off Bonita Beach Road).
Deputies were called to the area at 6:05 pm on August 1, 2010 and discovered two people deceased.
There is no additional information at this time as the investigation continues.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters