|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 5:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 12:42 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral teenager faces charges after authorities find pornographic images of herself on her phone and computer.
She said police are coming down on her too harshly.
The teen admits she made a mistake when she took nude photos of herself, but she and her mom say the punishment far outweighs the crime.
The 17-year-old is still shaken after her arrest Thursday - charged with promoting the sexual performance of a child.
The pictures she took of herself ended up on the popular social networking site myspace.
Now, the teen and her mom say their lives have been turned upside down and they are facing a legal battle they can't afford to fight.
The Center for Missing and Exploited Children routinely monitor websites like myspace and when they came across the photos they notified the sheriff's office.
Last week, another teen girl was arrested in Lee County for having naked pictures on her cell phone - many of herself.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend