|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 5:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 2:25 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Miami police say someone fired a gun at a taxicab, killing a passenger and injuring the driver.
Det. William Moreno said the taxicab was stopped at a traffic light late Sunday when a second vehicle approached from behind and started shooting into the taxi.
A passenger, identified only as a man in his 40s, has been pronounced dead.
The driver of the taxicab is in critical condition.
A third person, described by police as an innocent bystander in a pickup truck across the street, was shot in the leg. Moreno said the injury was non-life threatening.
Authorities do not have a motive, and said it is too early to say whether the shooting was a random or targeted crime.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- New Florida voting law
- Senate committee approves immigration bill