|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 5:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 2:27 PM EDT|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - Meteorologists say a small tornado caused minor damage in Boca Raton.
Robert Molleda, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, said the tornado formed Saturday with winds likely reaching an estimated 70 miles per hour.
The wind caused some damage to trees, powerlines and street signs.
South Florida is under a flood watch Monday, with an area of clouds and thunderstorms expected to bring additional rain following the weekend storms.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann