|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 3:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 12:41 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - A man who says he witnessed the deaths of two people in the woods near Bonita Beach Road is speaking to WINK News. The man still fears for his life and asked that we not identify him.
He said he was deer hunting when he began to hear gunshots and a series of small explosions. Startled, the man called 9-1-1. While on the phone with dispatchers, the witness heard several more gunshots and he saw a black Jeep Cherokee drive away from the scene.
He alerted the dispatcher and later identified the vehicle for deputies who pulled the vehicle over.
Deputies found two bodies in a burned out SUV near Vincent Road, just east of I-75.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating