|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 5:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 2:23 PM EDT|
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) - A South Florida man is dead after apparently being electrocuted while picking mangoes from a tree.
Antonio Martinez was using a ladder and an extension to his aluminum picker to gather the last fruit from the 30-foot tree in his backyard on Saturday when the pole he was holding touched a powerline.
The Hollywood man was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Martinez's daughter said her mother heard the fall and tried CPR after finding him on the ground.
The retired mechanic was originally from Pinar del Rio, Cuba.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week