FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - A commercial fisherman was found dead after an apparent boating accident in a Treasure Coast waterway.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission reports that 26-year-old Cory R. Brangan was found alone Saturday morning on a 20-foot fishing. The vessel had run aground on a spoil island near the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Pierce.
The boat was damaged and appeared to have collided with something.
Brangan was found after his family reported him missing earlier Saturday morning.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs