|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 5:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 2:15 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida house fire was reportedly started by a lightning strike.
Orange County firefighters responded to the fire Saturday. Officials say it was well involved when firefighters arrived, but they were able to contain it.
Occupants at the home told officials they heard a loud crack and the sound of a circuit breaker popping. Neighbors later saw smoke coming from the house and called 911. The three people inside the home were able to get out safely.
Orange County Fire Rescue has classified the fire as an accident.
A report describes the damage to the house as severe.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.