|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 1:05 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Crews are on the scene of a hazmat situation in North Naples at an industrial park.
A call came in around 10:00 am that a dangerous chemical spill, possibly sulfuric acid, could be in the area.
A building has been evacuated. 7 out of 10 employees have been taken to the hospital for breathing issues.
The business is a computer company that uses different chemicals to clean computer parts.
As of 11:00 am, traffic on Old 41 was backed up because of the scene.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers