|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 11:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 8:49 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL- A child is found screaming and crying in a truck while his father was watching a fight at a nearby bar.
The boy's father is behind bars, only after two women came to the boy's rescue.
Jennifer Thomas described the scene, "No one can see this kid, the only reason we saw him was thank God, we pulled through the back."
Behind two trailers in a side parking lot far behind Stevie Tomato's, is where Jennifer Thomas says she found the hysterical six year old.
She said, "He looks like a deer in headlights, he's literally screaming when we pull up."
Thomas and her friend Jen Da Vitoria tried to comfort the boy.
"I went over to the passenger side, and I grabbed him out and I started asking him questions like are your parents here? "
The women called 911 and say shortly after, the boy's father, 26-Year old Donald Rombough, came out looking upset.
Thomas said, "The father decided to tell the kid, why did you open the door, you knew where I was. The kid told us he thought he was at hooters still. "
Rombough told deputies he was inside to watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship and was only gone 20 minutes, but the women think the boy was in the car much longer than that.
Rombough said he had to go back inside because he had ordered food, but he was arrested.
Deputies say they also found marijuana and drug paraphenalia in his truck.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Coast Guard repatriates 7 Cuban migrants