|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 3:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 12:21 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Police with the Vice, Intelligence and Narcotics Unit arrested a suspect for selling drugs after detectives executed a controlled buy near her home. Evelyn Sierra (DOB: 03/08/1968) was charged with Trafficking an Opium Derivative. Sierra was out on bond from Collier County for the same charge.
On Friday, August 6 at about 5:40 p.m., detectives with the Cape VIN Unit made arrangements to purchase 50 Oxycodone pills for $500. The deal was to occur in the TJ Maxx parking lot on Del Prado Boulevard; however, Sierra changed the location to the 1400 block of SE 14th Terrace near her home. Upon completion of the transaction, Sierra saw the Street Crimes Unit vehicles converging on her location, and she attempted to flee. She was apprehended in her neighbor’s yard.
Sierra was booked and transported to the Lee County Jail.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash