EDGEWATER, Fla. (AP) - A 5-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the foot after grabbing a shotgun off a table at a Volusia County home.
Edgewater police say the boy's grandfather had been cleaning the shotgun Friday morning when set the weapon on a table to clean another gun. The boy, who was not identified, grabbed the shotgun and fired it. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was treated for the foot wound.
Police say they aren't planning to charge the grandfather.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Fla. Gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget