|Published:||Aug 09, 2010 6:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2010 3:15 PM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla - 4000 water customers on Marco Island have to boil their water because of a water line break.
According to Jeff Poteet of Marco Island utilities, everyone south of San Marco road is affected.
A line Monday blew out at the South water treatment plant, which feeds water to that area. The pressure in the system went below the threshold that forces us to send out a notice
North plant was able to keep pressure in half of the system.
Residents are advised to boil their water until Wednesday.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic