|Published:||Aug 08, 2010 9:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 07, 2010 9:23 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Deputies have arrested the man they say robbed and killed an 83 year old North Fort Myers man.
45 year old Lawrence Baldwin has been charged with 2nd degree murder for killing John Quimby at his Stipe Street home.
Baldwin had been seen in the area the night before the victim was found dead from an apparent stab wound.
Baldwin is also alleged to have stole numerous items from Quimby's home.
"We're all shocked, I mean this is a very quiet street, very few homes and none of us can believe it," said one Stipe Street neighbor.
Baldwin had been released from the Lee County Jail only days prior to Quimby's body being discovered.
He was serving time for a 2nd offense of driving on a suspended license.
Prior records also reveal Baldwin had lived only doors down from Quimby in the past.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey